The BossBabe Podcast Episode 103
- Rebecca’s entrepreneurial journey: from hand-making t-shirts for her first line at 21 to building an iconic fashion brand
- Launching her first bag in 2005, which was “The Morning After” Bag that started it all
- The financial challenges that Rebecca experienced in the early stages of her business and what she’s learned along the way
- The importance of building your network and how networking can help launch a business
- Actionable tips for leveraging Influencer Marketing to boost your business, even if you have a small budget
- How Rebecca’s business has pivoted since COVID-19 and the ways in which the company has changed
- Learning to embrace the possibility of rejection and how to get stronger at hearing “no”
We’re joined by legendary businesswoman and award-winning fashion designer, Rebecca Minkoff. With 15 years of experience in the fashion industry, Rebecca is a wealth of knowledge and entrepreneurial wisdom that she’s sharing with us in today’s episode. It should also be no surprise that Rebecca is one of the ambassadors for the Pitch Your Biz Competition with ELLE.
Rebecca’s no fluff, straight-forward approach to business is packed full of hustle, persistence, and unapologetic ambition. Tune in as we dive deep into the early days of Rebecca’s career, from how she started in the fashion industry to launching her first line at 21 and growing her brand and business into the iconic empire that it is today.
Get ready to feel inspired and empowered with actionable business tips and entrepreneurial wisdom from Rebecca Minkoff.
Important Moments with Rebecca Minkoff:
- [4:06 – 8:40]: Rebecca’s journey from fashion intern at 18 to launching her first line at 21
- [9:26 – 9:51]: The biggest challenge that she faced in the early stages of her business
- [13:08 – 13:54]: Why consistent success is rare and what ‘real’ success truly looks like
- [15:10 – 16:00]: The power of networking pre-social media
- [16:55 – 17:15] Learning how to accept the possibility of rejections
- This episode is brought to you by ELLE, iconic lifestyle brand, and the world’s largest women’s fashion magazine. We’ve partnered with ELLE for their 75th anniversary to celebrate women entrepreneurship. Submit your business pitches to our Pitch Your Biz Competition at bossbabe.com/elle.
- Get two free months of Skillshare premium membership and receive access to unlimited to over 1000+ classes: www.skillshare.com/bossbabe
Follow on Instagram
BossBabe is a global community of unapologetically ambitious women. With over 14.4M uses of our trademarked hashtag #BossBabe + well over 2 Million followers on Instagram + a profitable 7-figure company, Natalie Ellis & Danielle Canty have built one of the largest online communities of ambitious women & female entrepreneurs.
Together, they have worked with over 5,000 entrepreneurs – from brand new entrepreneurs looking to make their first $100 to those at the 6, 7, and 8 figure mark start, grow, and scale their businesses.