The BossBabe Podcast Episode 091
- Janice's entrepreneurial journey on how she became the first African-American woman to build and own a multi-billion dollar company
- The challenges that she faced as a minority-woman and how she overcame those obstacles
- How entrepreneurs can change the world by driving the economy forward, especially in times of global challenges
- The importance of mentorship and how it impacts your professional development through your entrepreneurial journey
We’re joined by Janice Bryant Howroyd, the first African-American woman billionaire and founder and CEO of The ActOne Group, a multi-billion dollar global enterprise providing workforce solutions. Janice is the definition of an unapologetically ambitious woman who lives by her mantra to “Never compromise who you are personally to become who wish to be professionally.”
What started as humble beginnings as a secretary for her brother-in-law’s company, turned into an opportunity that led Janice on a path of entrepreneurship. We’re diving deep into the obstacles that she has overcome, including economic uncertainty and global hardships that are relevant now more than ever before. Tune in as Janice shares her entrepreneurial journey and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
This episode is brought to you by ELLE, iconic lifestyle brand, and the world’s largest women’s fashion magazine. We partnered with ELLE for their 75th anniversary to celebrate women entrepreneurship. Learn more about this partnership at bossbabe.com/elle
- This episode is brought to you by ELLE, iconic lifestyle brand, and the world’s largest women’s fashion magazine. We partnered with ELLE for their 75th anniversary to celebrate women entrepreneurship. Learn more about this partnership at bossbabe.com/elle
BossBabe is a global community of unapologetically ambitious women. With over 14.4M uses of our trademarked hashtag #BossBabe + well over 2 Million followers on Instagram + a profitable 7-figure company, Natalie Ellis & Danielle Canty have built one of the largest online communities of ambitious women & female entrepreneurs.
Together, they have worked with over 5,000 entrepreneurs – from brand new entrepreneurs looking to make their first $100 to those at the 6, 7, and 8 figure mark start, grow, and scale their businesses.