The BossBabe Podcast Episode 099
- Babba’s humble beginning and how she merged her passion for fashion with marketing and business
- How she landed a marketing role at Uber and her experience with successfully launching the brand in Sweden (at 22 years old!)
- Babba’s evolution from Uber’s Head of Marketing to risking her work Visa and embracing the entrepreneurial call
- Babba’s strategy on leveraging her work experience as clout to attract clientele for her brand marketing agency
- Understanding the differences between general marketing, performance marketing, and brand marketing
- How her business has been by COVID-19 and what it looks like to navigate business as an entrepreneur in these uncertain times
- Actionable tips and empowering for aspiring women entrepreneurs pursuing their dreams
We’re joined by ‘Cool Girl’ Babba Rivera, Uber’s former Head of Marketing, an award-winning Brand Marketing Professional, and CEO of bybabba – her very own brand marketing agency. Babba has also been featured in the 2016 Forbes’ list of the top “30 Under 30” for marketing and advertising, ELLE, Vogue, and various other print and digital media.
Babba is the definition of a trailblazer, so it’s no surprise that she’s one of the panelists for our Pitch Your Biz Competition with ELLE. Tune in to hear Babba’s inspirational journey from Uber’s visionary Head of Marketing to risking it all to answer the entrepreneurial call. We’re picking Babba’s brain for all things marketing, building a global business, and finding balance between work and life.
- This episode is brought to you by ELLE, iconic lifestyle brand, and the world’s largest women’s fashion magazine. We’ve partnered with ELLE for their 75th anniversary to celebrate women entrepreneurship. Submit your business pitches to our Pitch Your Biz Competition at bossbabe.com/elle.
- Join bybabba Newsletter at bybabba.com/
- Learn more about HER USA founded by Babba, a crowdfunding campaign at ifundwomen.com/projects/her-usa
Follow on Instagram
BossBabe is a global community of unapologetically ambitious women. With over 14.4M uses of our trademarked hashtag #BossBabe + well over 2 Million followers on Instagram + a profitable 7-figure company, Natalie Ellis & Danielle Canty have built one of the largest online communities of ambitious women & female entrepreneurs.
Together, they have worked with over 5,000 entrepreneurs – from brand new entrepreneurs looking to make their first $100 to those at the 6, 7, and 8 figure mark start, grow, and scale their businesses.