Move over coffee – this cacao latte needs a moment.
Coffee is a stimulant, which can be great when you have a long to-do list. However, for most of us, it leads to the dreaded afternoon energy slump. It can also disrupt our gut bacteria, which can lead to more inflammation, PMS symptoms, low energy, and period problems.
Chocolate, or as I’ll show you in this recipe, cacao (the purest form of the cacao bean) has a small amount of caffeine. It is also loaded with magnesium, a calming mineral our bodies flush out in times of high stress, which then makes you feel more stressed.
With this cacao latte you’ll calmly sit at your desk or head to all your meetings with renewed energy and focus.
I’m a big fan of superfoods and this latte recipe is full of them! They’re like multitasking for your body.
In the recipe below I add MCT oil, which is a higher quality coconut oil that bypasses the digestion process. Your body uses it right away as energy. MCT oil is a healthy fat that stabilizes your blood sugar, so your stress hormones will remain balanced.
I also love adding collagen powder because it benefits your gut health, hair, skin, and nails. You can find it in most health food stores or online.
Lastly, the recipe calls for ashwagandha powder, and if you’ve never used it, you will love it! Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb that helps your body become more resilient to stress, so you can focus your attention on running your business.
Dreamy Cacao Latte Recipe
- 1 cup sugar-free almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen powder
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. MCT oil
- ½ tsp. ashwagandha powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add almond milk, collagen, cacao, ashwagandha and cinnamon.
2. Whisk until well blended. Blending the MCT oil will make your latte extra creamy, or dare we say dreamy.
3. When the mixture is lightly steaming, transfer into a high powered blender. Add MCT oil and blend for 15 seconds.
4. Pour the latte into your favorite mug and you’re good to go!