Feeling like a fraud? Feeling like you’re copying another coach? You may be suffering from imposter syndrome.
Sooner or later, we all experience that discouraging feeling of imposter syndrome. How we choose to address it however, strengthens or destroys our self-esteem and self-respect.
In order to overcome imposter syndrome, you must determine what makes you different. But, how?
Here’s 3 ways to overcome imposter syndrome, for good!
1 – Highlight your personality
You may think your personality is nothing special, but that’s simply not true. Ask your friends and family this question, “How would you describe my personality?” Take note; you may be surprised at their responses! You may think you are dull while others think you are hilarious. You may think you are too loud while others think you are full of confidence. This will help you discover your superpowers. Incorporate this newly-discovered personality into your brand voice. This leads me to my next point.
2 – Discover your brand voice
When you discover and utilize your brand voice, you can easily overcome imposter syndrome. You must utilize your brand voice anytime you post content online — social media captions, blog posts, email marketing. Knowing your brand voice is a very powerful way to overcome imposter syndrome because it enables you to stand out, now.
When you are writing content always ask yourself, “Would I actually say that, in reality?” “Does this align with my personality?” If yes, keep writing and posting that content! If not, think of ways you can create relatable content, while establishing yourself as the expert in your industry. This is a balancing act between sharing stories that connect to your brand message, and adding words within the copy, that only you would use.
3 – Use your life story
Ok, I have a quick assignment for you!
- Grab a piece of paper and draw 3 boxes.
- At the top of each box write, 1 – Gifts, 2 – Talents, and 3 – Experiences.
- Then in the first box, write down every gift you have. Gifts can be anything from, the ability to see the potential in other women, to being a good listener.
- In the second box, write down every talent you have. Talents can be anything from, the ability to simplify a complicated concept, to the ability to create a sense of community.
- Lastly, in the third box, write down every experience that you have had, in relation to your brand message. For example, if you are a self-love coach, write down an experience when you struggled with self-respect. If you are a business coach, write down the time when you were struggling with your business, then decided to invest in yourself, and it all took off from there. Writing down 3-5 experiences, comes in very handy when creating social media captions, or when you need to market your brand via story-telling.
This helps you discover your whole life story. It will help you stand out and overcome imposter syndrome. Incorporate your whole life story into your brand message, and you’re golden!
If you’re a blogger, who’s ready to start start overcoming imposter syndrome and start profiting, download The Profitable Blogger Workbook.
To overcome imposter syndrome you must determine what makes you stand out from the crowd. Anytime those sneaky thoughts creep into your mind, just remember your incredible personality, brand voice, and unique gifts, talents, and experiences set you apart from the competition! In addition, always remember, collaboration over competition!
Be sure to comment with your thoughts or tips on how to overcome imposter syndrome.
Do you struggle with imposter syndrome?
Ready to overcome imposter syndrome and be an extraordinary bloggin’ businesswoman? Join my bloggin’ babe business insiders group.