The BossBabe Podcast Episode 128
- How Cindy blazed her way to the top of the male-dominated pharmaceutical industry
- What motivated Cindy to take on the FDA and champion a life-changing drug that would help women and their sexual health
- The importance of company culture and what characteristics to look for when hiring a dream team that shares your vision
- Hard truths every female entrepreneur needs to know about fundraising
We’re joined by Cindy Eckert, Founder and CEO of The Pink Ceiling, a business incubator and VC firm that invests in women-led and female-focused companies. A self-made serial entrepreneur, Cindy is one of the few women to have ever sold a company for a billion dollars, let alone two pharmaceutical companies. In fact, it was Cindy’s second venture, Sprout Pharmaceuticals, that brought Addyi aka “the female Viagra” to market.
Having successfully built two billion-dollar companies, Cindy has such a wealth of knowledge and experience that we had to invite her back for part two which will air on Wednesday, 10/28.
So tune in to part one as Cindy reveals the true story of how she built her own startup and sold it for over a billion dollars, only to buy it back and rebuild the company when she learned that her life-changing product for women was not going to market.
We’re also diving deep into the narrative surrounding female sexuality and the challenges with research for female products, as well as, funding for companies founded or led by women.
If you have a mission and are in need of motivation, this episode will inspire you to keep going even when the odds are stacked against you!
- Sign up for our free training: How to Plan & Execute Profitable Repeatable Launches with Our 4-Step Formula. https://bossbabe.com/launchformula
- Join Online Launch School, our 12-week program designed to take the guesswork out of sold-out launches. https://bossbabe.com/ols
- Organifi’s mission is to empower you to live a happier, healthier life with organic superfood blends. Use code BOSSBABE for 15% off your purchase at https://bossbabe.online/organifi
Follow on Instagram
BossBabe is a global community of unapologetically ambitious women. With over 14.4M uses of our trademarked hashtag #BossBabe + well over 2 Million followers on Instagram + a profitable 7-figure company, Natalie Ellis & Danielle Canty have built one of the largest online communities of ambitious women & female entrepreneurs.
Together, they have worked with over 5,000 entrepreneurs – from brand new entrepreneurs looking to make their first $100 to those at the 6, 7, and 8 figure mark start, grow, and scale their businesses.